The Big Smile Dental team knows that your smile isn’t quite the same as any other smile. Neither is your budget or schedule. That’s why Dr. Theodore Siegel is the dentist Chicago families in the Avondale and Logan Square areas trust for a broad range of general and cosmetic dentistry services, personalized to meet their needs. Dental bonding is an example. Versatile, economical, and efficient, dental bonding helps to keep smiles looking naturally attractive.
What is Dental Bonding?
Dental Bonding is an economical cosmetic dentistry alternative. The bonding material is a composite resin – a mixture of strong and durable tooth-colored plastic, finely ground glass for its light reflective qualities, and binding agents. The dentist selects a shade that matches your smile. Tooth enamel is roughened slightly to give the bonding material good grip. The resin is applied to the tooth and shaped using special instruments. The material is hardened with a curing light and is polished to a natural glow.
Dental Bonding Process
Used as a filling material, dental bonding invisibly repairs cavities. The Big Smile Dental team also uses it to:
- Repair chips and cracks in enamel.
- Mask stubborn discoloration or old, darkened dental work.
- Close gaps between teeth.
- Improve shape or size of a tooth.
Bonding may also be a transition step to protect teeth and keep your smile looking great while final crowns or veneers are being fabricated.
Benefits of Bonding
- Painless – In cosmetic cases, no anesthesia is needed.
- Fast – One visit; an hour or less per tooth treated.
- Economical – Dental bonding is cost-effective.
- Aesthetic – Results look natural.
- Durable – Treatment lasts many years with good oral hygiene.
- Easy care – Bonding resists stains, and it requires only normal brushing and flossing.
Dental bonding gives Chicago, IL patients a relatively inexpensive option to improve the appearance of their smiles. Call Big Smile Dental at 773-772-8400 to get started on your beautiful new grin.