Sixty-five percent of Americans are unhappy with their smiles, according to a 2017 survey conducted by the Consumer Guide to Dentistry. Are you one of them?
If so, it’s time to talk with Dr. Theodore Siegel of Big Smile Dental in Chicago, IL, about a smile makeover using the latest cosmetic dental treatments. For the past six years, Dr. Siegel has been selected as one of “America’s Best Dentists” by the National Consumer Advisory Board, a private research organization committed to helping consumers locate the best professionals across the country.
Cosmetic dentistry not only makes you look and feel fabulous, it can also make you healthier. Some procedures restore your bite and make it easier to eat healthy foods and clean your teeth, reducing the risk of illnesses like heart disease, cancer, and diabetes that have been linked to dental problems.
The staff at Big Smile Dental provides a full complement of cosmetic dental services and years of experience in the of art of designing the smile of a patient’s dreams. In fact, Dr. Siegel is the official dentist of both the Miss Chicago and the Miss Illinois pageants. Following are the top seven most-requested cosmetic dental procedures of 2017, and the options Big Smile Dental offers to meet them:
- Teeth Whitening – Ninety-nine percent of adults say their smile is one of their most important social assets. Those who are unhappy with their smile list stained and yellowed teeth as their number one concern. With the revolutionary BriteSmile treatment, you can walk away from Big Smile Dental with pearly whites that dazzle like new after just one treatment. Treatments in the office produce the best results, but Dr. Siegel can provide you with custom-made bleaching trays you can use at home.
- Porcelain Veneers– These thin shells of medical-grade porcelain can be fitted right over your existing teeth, brightening worn, discolored enamel and addressing the other most common complaints of those with smile issues – cracked, chipped, or crooked teeth, and gaps between teeth. Veneers, which are permanently bonded to your teeth with a special adhesive, create a natural, pleasing, camera-ready smile.
- Clear Braces – Braces remain the most effective way to even out a crooked smile. If you want to straighten your teeth but can’t imagine two years in metal braces, consider one of today’s most popular treatments – clear plastics aligners like Invisalign. This series of custom-made, see-through, progressive alignment trays gently nudge your teeth into place in 18 months or less, and no one has to know you’re wearing them.
- Gum contouring – Does your smile reveal excessive or uneven gum tissue? Consider gum contouring. This is a surgical procedure that a specially trained, qualified cosmetic dentist can perform in his or her office. Sometimes known as a gum lift, it involves sculpting and repositioning the gum line, often including removal of some gum tissue.
- Bonding – This is one of the easiest and least expensive dental cosmetic procedures. A tooth-colored resin material is applied to chipped, cracked, or discolored teeth. The dentist chooses a color to match your natural teeth. The resin is shaped, hardened, and polished to blend in with the existing enamel on the treated tooth.
- Crowns – Dental crowns, or caps, are both cosmetic and restorative. They are molded pieces of thin, durable porcelain that fit over the portion of a tooth that is left after a large cavity has threatened the health or stability of the tooth. The crown fills in the gap in your mouth, and the porcelain looks natural. In addition to improving your appearance, crowns restore your full bite and help protect the stability of the teeth next to them.
- Implants – Dental implants are the Rolls Royce of dental cosmetic procedures. Strong, durable, and beautiful, they replace missing teeth, providing both a cosmetic and restorative solution. A titanium post is placed below the gumline into the bone to serve as the “root” of the tooth. It eventually becomes fused with the surrounding bone. A crown is then placed over the post. Implants can replace just one missing tooth or an entire mouthful.
Many people don’t consider cosmetic procedures because they don’t have dental insurance. However, insurance rarely covers cosmetic treatment, so you must find an alternative way to pay anyhow. Many dentists offer payment plans, and nearly 75 percent can connect you with a third party that will provide a loan and a payment plan.
So, choose today to invest in the smile of your dreams! Call Big Smile Dental at 773-772-8400 and let them work their magic!